How to register?
If you are an ULB, you will be will be auto registered through Database and admin section. Alternatively, you can contact Admin if you are not auto-registered.
If you are a company, once you are on the registration page, you need to fill the following information:
- Name of the Company
- Name (Nodal Officer / Authorized Personnel – First Name, Middle, Last Names)
- Official Address of the Nodal Officer
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Zip / PIN / Postal Code
- Email ID
- Alternate Email ID
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- Are you a Registered Company
- If Yes CIN
- If Yes DIN
- If No PAN
- Complete HQ Address
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Zip / PIN / Postal Code
Once all details are submitted, a verification mail with verification link will be sent to the registered email id. After email verification only, company will be able to access its account.
How can I edit my profile?
For ULB, email-id and bank account details are not editable. ULB will have to contact Admin in order to change both the information. Rest of the fields are editable. Bank account information is mandatory.
How does SWACHH work?
The SWACHH platform is envisaged to play a key role in inviting private sector participation in building the necessary cleanliness and sanitation infrastructure in urban cities in India. To ensure that the users of the platform have a good experience, it is key to build relevant understanding of journeys of key users of the platform (a contributing party in the form of an individual or a company and a city municipality) through the three phases of a project - Discovery, Execution and Active.
Steps for Urban Local bodies (ULBs)
All the ULBs will be auto registered through portal’s Database and admin section. Once auto-registered the ULBs will receive confirmation Link in their e-mail-Ids.
If an ULB is not auto-registered, he/she should contact SWACHH via Contact Us. The ULB needs to mention its mail-id via which SWACHH will auto-register the ULB. Along with this, ULB also needs to provide relevant project details.
After ULB receives the confirmation link in its e-mail-ID, ULB needs to create its password.
ULB uses its Login Credentials (e-mail Id & password) to login into the portal. ULB can update his/her e-mail id. ULB then needs to add his/her bank account details in its profile page. Bank account details are mandatory before creation of a project. Bank account details once submitted cannot be changed. ULB needs to contact admin via Contact Us to update the bank account details
ULB then creates a new project by adding a new project and fills in all relevant details. ULB also needs to upload an image for the project. Once the details are filled, ULB needs to upload an agreement document detailing the scope of work, value of project and payment terms & conditions. The agreement document will be viewed by the interested company.
ULB then publishes the project on the portal.
Point to Note
As the ULB information is visible to companies, interested companies will contact ULBs to enquire about the projects via call or e-mail. ULBs should have its own dedicated Point of Contact (POC) who can respond to such communications and carry forward the off-line discussions.
Once e-agreement is signed by both the ULB and the company, the ULB needs to monitor the progress of the project, upload relevant documents and images showing the project progress and keep the company informed. ULB will also upload all the milestone documents.
Once the project milestones are met and duration is over, ULB initiates project closure.
Steps for Company
Three phases of a project on SWACHH
These three phases are explained through the flowcharts below where Company MNO is looking at SWACHH platform to invest in a project for CSR.
Company MNO, fills the required field details after clicking on the REGISTRATION button. After filling the required details, company MNO clicks on register button.
Company MNO receives the registration details over his email-Id. Company MNO creates password using the registration link received.
Using the user credentials, company MNO logs into the portal. IT can see its profile in the portal
Under the “Project List” tab, company MNO can view all the projects uploaded by ULBs from different cities and states. It can use the Project status filter to view the LIVE projects.
Company MNO selects one of the LIVE projects by clicking on SELECT button under action tab
Company MNO can view the project details under “Project Detail” tab.
Company MNO can then view the ULB details under “ULB Details” tab and initiate offline discussions with the ULB to procure further details regarding the project and the concerned ULB. SWACCH platform/team will not intervene in this discussion or facilitate such offline discussion.
Once company MNO and ULB is satisfied and mutually agreed to go-ahead with the project, there are two ways to execute the project:-
- If ULB opts to execute the project, Company MNO has to accept e-agreement on the portal under agreement details tab. Company MNO has to choose ‘No’ to “I want to execute project”. Company MNO then has to click on ACCEPT and confirm on the confirmation link received on his/her e-mail Then go to STEP 9
- If company MNO opts to execute the project on its own (without ULB), Company MNO has to accept e-agreement on the portal under agreement details tab. Company MNO has to choose ‘Yes’ to “I want to execute the project”. Then go to STEP 10
The payments tab will get activated in the project details page. Company MNO can fill the payment details and proceed for payment
The complete flow-chart of the steps has been given below:-
While the project is in the execution phase, ULB will monitor the progress of the projects. The Project images will be uploaded by the ULB only.
Company MNO is sent regular updates with photos, project updates and financial information via email and invited to see the project site.
The project will be flagged as “Closure” by the ULB only once all the payment milestones are achieved and project is completed within the project duration.
Project ABC is completed and Company MNO is invited for the launch.
What is MoUD’s role?
MoUD will be a facilitator only for the portal. Fund raised will go to ULB’s account directly and MoUD will not park funds either temporarily or otherwise.
Who can create projects?
Projects can be created by ULBs only.
Who can fund projects?
Projects can be funded by companies who are willing to voluntarily fund the projects as part of their CSR activity
- Projects uploaded should come under the scope of Swachh Bharat Mission i.e. solid waste management (garbage disposal, waste treatment plants, recycling, etc.) and toilets (IHHT and PTCT)
- Projects cannot offer equity or financial incentives (share of profits, ownership, the repayment of loans or cash-value equivalents)
- Projects cannot offer rewards that offer entry to raffles, lotteries, or participation in gambling.
- Projects outside India cannot be initiated by ULBs
- ULBs should mention whether projects are gap-funded or green-funded
- For the purpose of project having a land requirement, ULBs should procure encumbrance free government land or alternative land for which clearance/lease/agreement has been procured
- It is mandatory for ULBs to upload the pictures of progress of the project on the portal, whether ULB is executing the project or the company itself
- It is mandatory for ULB to provide a utilization certificate to the funding company at the end of each payment milestone
- In the event, multiple companies are interested for a particular project in a particular city, companies should be awarded project on a first come first serve basis
How can I create a project?
ULB will be required to navigate to create project Page. Following information will be captured while creating project:
- Name of Project
- Project Code (auto generated)
- Type of the project (will be a drop down list with upto 3 level selections and manageable by admin)
- Location of the project
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Cost of the project
- Implementation timelines (In months)
- High level Technical Specification of the project (Textbox)
- Payment Due Date for all milestones (Dropdown): For example 2 days. Due date is applied for the first milestone once the contract is accepted by company.
- Upload DPR
- Upload Photos (upto 5 photos)
Contract Agreement: ULB can select it through already available contract template or can add new contract in text box.
Once created, the project will be published and visible to the all users.
How do I verify my bank account?
Once the bank account information is added, ULB would get an email confirmation.
Note 1: Bank account details can’t be changed through profile section. ULB will have to contact admin to change account info.
Note 2: Bank information is mandatory to create project.
What do I need to do before launching a project?
- Town-hall meetings with residents of the city to identify projects on a priority basis
- Brainstorm with different stakeholders( line departments) before finalizing detailed project and posting it on portal
- Campaigning and wide scale publicity through social media in order to garner investor interest
How do I receive the money I raise?
Once money is raised for the goal, the amount will be transferred to your account.
Can a project be funded by multiple companies?
How and why to upload a project image?
Take an Image of the infrastructure constructed under the project and upload it on the website.
Can I edit my project once uploaded?
Till the time funding has not been received, ULBs can edit the project.
If project falls through, what should I do?
If ULB cannot continue with the existing project, ULB can cancel the on-going project and can reload the project as a new project with new milestones and new agreement. However, this should be done with the approval of the investor company, in case any fund has already been transferred by the company to the ULB. The agreement also has to be re-drawn.
How do I communicate with my investors?
You can contact investors via investor’s contact details once the agreement is made between you and the investor.
When can I request for completion of project on portal?
Once the timeline of the project ends and the milestone payments are received, on-ground project execution is done, and ULB should upload relevant proofs of project completion on the portal. He/she can then flag the project as complete.
Can I re-launch a project once it is unsuccessful?
Yes with a new project code.
Can I pledge anonymously?
Can I cancel a pledge?
Can I pay with a cheque or send cash in the post?
I have a question about the project, who can I contact?
Can I execute the project uploaded by a ULB? Who will request for completion?
Yes it can be executed by the company and the ULB will close the project on the portal.